Hello one and all and welcome to my very first blog post! I’m hoping the first will be the hardest post to write as I have been farting about with the first sentences for half an hour now. I reckon they’ve turned out pretty good in the end though!
What I decided is that I’ll give you an outline of what to expect to see coming out of and going into my gob in my weekly blithering.
- Chrissie’s kitchen. I will be boasting about my culinary successes, including exclusive quotes from my guinea pig family and friends who I regularly stuff with grub
- Veganism can be chock full of issues and debates. This, I hope, will be a positive and friendly forum in which to discuss such issue
- Challenge Chrissie! I’ll be asking you to give me your favourite(previous or current) non-vegan dish and I will be attempting to transform it, SHAZAM, into a vegan version. My past triumphs have included pie and mash, which I fed to my nans and black forest gateau, in honour of my German in-laws
- Compassionate eating. Reviews and recommendations for vegan products which can be used to replace animal products such as alternatives to dairy, meat and fish
- Myth busters. A life of eating vegan food is associated with a number of misconceptions. I’ll bring you the truth straight from the brain of a real life vegan!
- Vegan in mainstream life. In a hugely non-vegan dominated world, shining gems of animal free tastiness do exist. Expect info on accidentally vegan products, meals and vegan features in the media (intentional or not)
- My inspiration! I am regularly reminded why I do my best to live compassionately towards humans and other animals and I’ll share these thoughts with you
With so much to say and such a small attention span, I hope to keep my posts snappy, interesting, entertaining and thought/appetite provoking. Oh, and definitely follow me if you want to see lots of pervy food pictures too!