Full of love because no one got hurt making it! Share the love of this delicious heart warming cow free dish with your family and friends. Choose between soya mince or keep it simple with a cup of lentils instead.
- Fry the onion and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes until they begin to soften
- Add in the carrot, courgette, peppers and herbs and cook for a further 5 mins
- Add in the cooked lentils or soya mince and salt and pepper to taste and cook for another 5 minutes
- Add in the tinned tomato, puree and vegetable stock and allow to simmer on a low heat while you make the cheesesauce!
- Melt the margarine in a pan and sift in the flour until a thick paste forms
- Add in the milk an cheese and heat on medium. KEEP STIRING until the sauce thickens.
- Start layering that bad boy up! In a large casseole dish, starting with a mince layer on the bottom, top with pasta sheets, making sure all parts are covered, and then layer with a few spoonfulls of cheese sauce. Repeat this two or three times depending on the size of your dish.
- Finish with a cheese sauce layer. Top with cheese slices or grated melty cheese.
- Cook in a pre heated oven on around 200/gas mark 6 for about 30 minutes until the topping is goldenTry serving with this beautiful Romanescoe broccoli or other veg AND garlic bread, if you are feeling particularly greedy. Spread vegan margarine and sprinkle garlic granules onto sliced bread or baguette, wrap foil and cook for 15 minutes in the oven. I hope this recipe provides you with a simple way to enjoy an old favourite, minus harm, plus love!