Caribbean food offers some of the most interesting and inspiring combinations of ingredients and vast array of spices and flavours. But for anyone short of time, you can easily get the delicious caribbean spice combination in pre mixed pots like the one used here. That way you also don’t end up having to stock loads of spices in your cupboard whch you only use every now and then!
1 pack Vbites chicken (or other vegan chicken bits)
2 tablespoons All Purpose Caribbean Seasoning
3 tablespoons of almond and coconut butter (I love this stuff but other nut butters can be experimented with!)
Approx 1 cup vegetable stock
One large sweet potato, chopped into chunks
One large white potato, chopped into chunks
Two carrots, chopped into chunks
Hand full of runner beans, trimmed and chopped in half
Two big handfuls of spinach
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons Reggae Reggae sauce (or brown on BBQ sauce would work too)
2 teaspoons jerk seasoning
1 tablespoon agave syrup (other syrups should work fine too)
1/2 tespoon celery salt
A glug of soy sauce
First, prep the cauliflower. Begin by whisking all dressing ingredients together. Cut the leaves off of the cauliflower and place on a baking tray in foil. Brush the cauliflower with the mixture and wrap in the foil. Cook in the oven for around 45 mins, before opening the foil to brown off for 15 mins.
Whilst it cooks, on with the stew…
- Fry the vegan chicken in coconut oil and coat with All Purpose Seasoning until the chicken starts to crisp
- Add in carrot, sweet and white potatoes and stir to coat with seasoning
- Add the nut butter and coat all ingredients, cooking for a few minutes
- Add in the stock and simmer for around 20 mins, adding more stock if the veg soaks up a lot, so that a thick sauce remains
- Add in the runner beans and cook for a further 10 mins, or until potatoes and carrots have softened
- At the end, before serving, stir in the spinach until it wilts.